Do you lack confidence to wear sleeveless tops or feel embarrassed of raising your hands in front of others when you are wearing your favourite tank tops? Worry not, here I have come up with some stunning home remedial measures to get rid of dark armpits fast. Before revealing the remedies, let me first explain the causes behind this dilemma.
What causes dark armpits?
Dark armpits are mainly caused by shaving, using chemicals loaded hair removing creams, accumulation of dead skin cells, poor ventilation in the armpits region, hormonal disorders and regular use of alcohol-based deodorants and antiperspirants.
All you need is; your efforts, time and patience and surely you will be able to lighten your dark armpits.
Potatoes are one of the best natural bleaching agents due to presence of mild acidic properties in it. They moisturize your skin and also beneficial for skin lightening without causing any skin irritation. Some people have very sensitive skin, they get irritated with other remedies such as lemon but potatoes are perfect for people with sensitive skin.
- Rub a thin slice of potato on your underarms in a circular motion for 3-5 minutes.
- Or, simply grate the potato and apply the juice all over the affected area.
- Let the juice dry for about 10 minutes and then wash it off.
- Repeat this step twice a day for faster results.
If you all heard that cucumber is great for lightening dark circles, they work great for lightening armpits too! They contain silica which naturally lightens the skin and also has a moisturizing and cooling effect on the skin that feels refreshing. When applied to the skin, it gives a supple and radiant texture.
- Take a slice of cucumber and rub it into the underarms area for 5 minutes.
- Let the juice set in for a few minutes and rinse it off with warm water.
- Do it at least once, daily for better and faster results.
- Yoghurt And Lemon :
Yoghurt contains lactic acid and alpha hydroxy acid that helps to exfoliate and get rid of dead skin cells and brightens the skin. This also acts as bleaching agent that lightens the skin.
Lemon is also a natural bleaching agent like potatoes and cucumber. Its acidic properties really help to lighten the skin, while exfoliating at the same time.
- Add 2 tablespoons of yoghurt and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Mix it well.
- Apply a thick layer of the mixture all over your underarm area. Let it dry for 15-20 minutes and wash it off.
- Do this remedy once daily for quick results.
- Baking Soda:
Baking soda is a natural cleanser and exfoliator, helps to remove dead skin cells that results in unclogging the blocked pores, which is one main cause of dark underarms.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of baking soda and 1 teaspoon of lemon or lime juice till it becomes a paste. Massage this paste gently into the affected area for 5 minutes. Wash it off with warm water.
- Mix baking soda with water to form a paste. Apply it and gently scrub the dark areas of your underarms for about 5 minutes. After few minutes, wash it off with warm water.
- It also absorbs your body odour and sweat naturally, so you can avoid using deodorants and anti-perspirants. Pat a small amount of baking soda with your fingers or a cotton pad. You can use this everyday in replacement of any deodorants you have.
- Coconut Oil:
Yes, its coconut oil that can help to lighten the underarms because of the presence of vitamin E. at the same time, it also works as an natural deodorant that soaks up sweat and keep your underarms dry and odour free.
- Massage the dark underarms with coconut oil for 3 minutes.
- Leave it on 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse it off with mild soap and lukewarm water.
- Do it daily before taking your bath.